2517 Aberdeen Avenue
In the interest of full disclosure, let me state that this is my personal residence. Situated on a premier Los Feliz street graced by gated mansions dating back to the Golden Age Of Hollywood.
The interiors were done by my interior designer wife Susann Thomason, whose work has been featured in Print, TV & The Pasadena Showcase Design House. The landscape design was by Tony Exter. It is ideally situated in the heart of one of Los Angeles’ most vibrant neighborhoods; close to Griffith Park and the shops, restaurants, and cinemas of Los Feliz Village:
* Year Built: 1958
* 3,203 sq. ft. (per Assessor)
* 8,850 sq. ft. lot (per Assessor)
* Dual-sided custom hand-stacked split Flagstone fireplace warms the Living and Family Rooms
* The Living Room is adorned by a custom-made walnut bar, the fireplace, and French Doors leading out to the lushly landscaped private backyard and saltwater pool.
* Cozy Den features the fireplace, a wall-mounted plasma TV and Bose Surround Sound speaker system.
* The eat-in Kitchen features custom Walnut cabinetry, Honed Carerre marble counters and split Carerre backsplash, stainless Subzero, Thermador, Kitchen Aid & GE Monogram appliances and a Butler’s pantry.
* 2″ White Oak plank hardwood floors throughout the house
* Lagos Azul limestone floors in the kitchen breakfast room and laundry
* Mitered glass-cornered Master Suite has dual walk-in closets, Ann sacks tile, limestone counters, custom walnut cabinetry, steam shower, soaking tub and overlooks the backyard and salt water pool.
* Custom interior & exterior wood doors and windows including two floating corner windows
* Pool House
* Two car garage converted to working interior design office
Proximity to the Burbank & Hollywood studios make this 1-story home ideal for an Industry exec. on their way up or empty-nesters looking to downsize from the big Los Feliz/Hancock Park family house.